Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 Coffee Maker
- All Moccamaster filter Coffeemakers are handmade in the Netherlands and have a limited 5-year warranty.
- Ideal water saturation time to maximize coffee complexity, flavour and aroma – Achieved through a cone shaped brew-basket design that regulates a 4 to 6 minute brew time
- The glass jug maintains coffee quality, integrity, and taste on a unique, independent hot-plate element engineered to hold coffee temperature at 80° to 85° C and automatically shuts off
- Unique, copper boiling element rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 92º to 96º C which is important for coffee soluble extraction, then automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty
- Simple to operate and quiet brewing process that produces a full jug in just 6 minutes
This brilliant new coffeemaker makes seriously good coffee. Technivorm features a sprayhead that ensures the coffee grounds are more evenly saturated. Another key to perfect coffee is temperature. Technivorm always maintains a brewing temprerature between 198 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit which is ideal for flavor. Technivorm’s excellence has been recognized by numerous publications. In 2009 Cooks Illustrated found the Technivorm to be the best drip coffee maker they tested.
Technivorm-Moccamaster has, for many years, specialized building exceptional coffee makers. These coffee makers are all handmade, which means that they are manufactured and assembled by hand and individually tested in a live situation. It is the personal touch that makes Technivorm products unique.
The brewing quality of Technivorm coffee makers guarantees a first class beverage due to the fact that brewing temperature and water/coffee contact time as well as holding temperature are in accordance with the critical requirements of the European Coffee Brewing Centre and the Specialty Coffee Association of America and Europe. Technivorm is proud to carry their seal of approval for all their coffee makers.
- Brewing temperature between 198°F-205°F
- Keeping temperature between 176°F-185°F
- 10 Cup glass carafe
- Brews entire pot quietly in 5-6 minutes
- 9-hole sprayhead wetting the grounds evenly
- Visible scale indication
- Aluminum housing available in silver, black and stone grey
- Copper boiling element with double safety guard
- Filter holder with hand operated drip stop
- Brew time 5-6 minutes
- Illuminated on/off switch
- Automatic Brew Stop allows you to pour a cup during brewing
- Auto Shut off deactivates unit after 2 hours for safety
- 1475 Watts
- 5 Year Warranty
- Hand made in the Netherlands
Specification: Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||13 × 7 × 14 in|
A certainly quality machine, but it often feels overpriced in comparison with the competition. I’m not a fan of a lot of the plastic parts, despite them being replaceable. Additionally, the spring loaded flow valve sometimes malfunctions and then you lose the spring. The water chamber doesn’t detach so it’s hard to clean, yet a lot of the other parts are removable, but don’t need to be cleaned. Lastly, the water spigot doesn’t cover all the grounds, nor does it move at all, so it doesn’t saturate the grounds as well as other models, plus it lacks a true pre infusion.For $300+ dollars, I regret not just buying the Bonavita.
Lillian Murphy –
Simple to use, no frills quality brewing system. 6 minutes to wonderful coffee and just what we were looking for.
We love coffee, and are quite picky ! This is the BEST coffeemaker we have ever used, easy to use, and a great hot cup. We loved our first moccamaster so much, we bought a second for the vacation property.