Okuma Makaira Special Edition Lever Drag Reel – MK-30IISEA
- Open spool bearings with TSI-301 oil; Increases free spool 2-1/2 times
- Frames have been machined out for increased clearance between spool and cross bars
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates
- 17-4 stainless steel gearing
- Gear Ratio-3.8:1 and 1.3:1, Weighs 48 oz, Line retrieve-39.4″ and 17.5″, 37lbs drag at Strike and 55llbs at Full
Makaira Two Speeds design, drive, drag and durability’ big game fisheries for billfish, large tuna and sharks will expose weakness in any one of these component systems with disastrous results.
Embracing and addressing these four cornerstones, Okuma’s multi-national design team, in cooperation with Tiburon Engineering, set out to reinvent the offshore reel.
The two-speed Makaira series is the result. Advanced, unique and with numerous patents to its’ credit, Makaira provides uncompromised excellence within every aspect of its’ design, construction and performance. With sizes to meet the demands of big game fishing worldwide, the Okuma Makaira series sets a standard that will advance the ability and redefine the expectations of tournament crews, long-range anglers and private boaters.
Mounted in the top of the spool and protected by the Hydro Block system is a multi-disc felt drag system that works in conjunction with a secondary drag system that is mounted under the spool.
Even pressure is applied to both surfaces of the spool for maximum stability
Specification: Okuma Makaira Special Edition Lever Drag Reel – MK-30IISEA
|Item Weight (pounds)|
4.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
|Item model number|