Cuisinart EM100FR Manual Espresso Maker
- Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
- Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
- 53-ounce removable reservoir; porta-filter holder; cup-warming plate.UC Cubic Feet: 1.04
- Steam nozzle; frothing cup; removable drip tray; tamping tool included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Note : Please check user manual ( Page number 2 and 3), trouble shooting document and Video for set up and trouble shooting steps for the usage and set up instructions for smooth usage of the product.
The Cuisinart EM-100 espresso maker
Cuisinart lets you prepare gourmet quality espresso at home! With a system that allows you to pre-select serving size, 15 bars of pressure for maximum flavor and the option of using ground espresso or pods, you’re in control.
A separate steam function and stainless steel nozzle make it easy to froth milk for cappuccinos and smooth lattes. With a removable drip tray and cover, and a filter holder with a locking mechanism clean up is quick and easy.
Features and Benefits:
- Water reservoir lid
- Removable 53-ounce water reservoir
- Large cup warming plate
- 15-bar pump
- Heating light: Will illuminate indicating that espresso machine is adjusting the temperature of the heating system.
- Steam/Hot water knob: To use the hot water function, the Steam/Hot Water Knob must be turned the ‘double drip’ setting.
- Function knob: Three settings – steam, hot water, make coffee.
- Portafilter holder: Can be used with ground or pod espresso. Has two positions, lock and unlock, for ease of cleaning.
- Brew head: For easy fit of the portafilter holder.
- Commercial steam wand: Use to steam milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Removable drip tray: Removable drip tray with grate.
- Cleaning pins: Used to clean any excess milk that gets stuck inside the steam wand or any coffee particles that get stuck inside the filter basket.
- Stainless frothing pitcher: Used for steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Measuring scoop/tamping tool: Use one side as a coffee scoop and the other to compact the coffee grounds in the filter basket prior to brewing.
- Filter baskets: Use the one cup filter for a single espresso and the two cup filter basket for the double espresso, and the pod filter basket for espresso pods.
Specification: Cuisinart EM100FR Manual Espresso Maker
|Dimensions||10 × 13 × 15 in|
3 reviews for Cuisinart EM100FR Manual Espresso Maker
Show all Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
With a few improvements this machine competes with $400+ machines. The single-wall filter basket is a huge improvement over the pressurized filter. Drilling out the bottom of the portafilter holder results in more crema. The steam wand is an easy fix for anyone who is mechanically inclined. It’s also a good idea to have an extra group seal on hand. Also, clean the machine every 6 months or so with citric acid or the Keurig cleaning solution. I use 1/4 cup or so in a tank, run it through and let it soak for 30 minutes. Then run several tanks of water through to rinse the machine.Steam wand fix:——————-(1) Remove two screws under head of machine(2) Remove six screws in back of machine and remove back panel.(3) Remove two screws at back of top cover and remove top metal cover.(4) Remove four screws from top of open machine and remove plastic cover around brew head.(5) Remove steam wand retaining clip and remove steam wand fitting.(6) Cut O-ring end off of steam wand and remove burrs.(7) Install brass steam wand fitting with teflon tape (1/4″ compression to 1/4″ female pipe thread – Available at Ace Hardware).(8) Reassemble in reverse order.Bottomless filter upgrade.——————————-(1) Drill out bottom of portafilter with drill press and 1.75″ hole saw.(2) Replace filter with ~53mm non-pressurized single-wall filter: La Pavoni MP-68 This portafiler seals much better due to the large rolled lip at the top. I have NOT had any group seal leaks with this filter.==> https://www.amazon.com/Pavoni-Millenium-Later-Filter-Basket/dp/B00IAEQJTOGroup seal:————-MS-620342 (amazon)
I usually don’t write reviews, because I just don’t have time for it, but this time I decided to write one. We were very happy with the product when just got it, but in about a year or even less the steam wand broke. We were told to ship the whole machine back to the company for the repair, so we did. They “fixed” it and sent it back to us in a few weeks. After they “fixed” the steam wand, it started making a very loud noise while frothing the milk, that it wasn’t making it before we shipped it. We were not satisfied with the fix, but figured, ok, we’ll deal with that, we are not actually picky people – it is still frothing the milk, even though it was making a very loud, annoying whistling, wheezing, the best I can describe it noise.Another year has passed, we were still making coffee with this machine, “enjoying” the loud noise while frothing the milk every morning. Then suddenly the steam wand came off the machine completely, the plastic joint, for lack of a better word, that holds the steam wand broke.We called the customer service three times about this problem. The 1st two times we were given a completely different info on how to go about shipping it to the company to get it fixed:The 1st customer rep. told us that we have to wait 3-5 business days for UPS to come to pick it up from our house, well, it never did!We called The 2nd time, the CS rep. took our info again and told us that they actually mailed a label to us and we’ll get it withing 7-10 business days. We waited for 10 days, but haven’t received anything.We called the 3rd time, the customer rep. was rude, cutting me off by putting me on hold, wasn’t willing to listen what I was explaining, hung up on me as soon as she got the same info from me for the 3rd time in a row, didn’t even let me finish the sentence! So, she said that we have to wait fro 3-5 business days again for the label to arrive from UPS. So, now it’s been almost 3weeks we are trying to ship the product back to the company to get it fixed! Well, now we’re enjoying coffee in a local coffee shop, while waiting for all of this BS.We’ve been loyal customers and have been using different Cuisinart products besides this espresso machine, but needless to say, after experiencing this low quality product and an unprofessional, rude customer service, we will be looking for another espresso machine from another company!
NOT WORTH 1 Star. Great machine if you DON”T use the steam wand!2nd machine to have steam wand fall out! Poor design, wand connector is made of Plastic!! 1st lasted 9 months the second lasted only 6!! Sorry I LOVE a real cappuccino so I NEED the steam wand to work! I tried to be ever so careful with the second one but it didn’t matter! Buy the Espresso Machine Aicok, Cappuccino and Latte Coffee Maker, 15 Bar Espresso Maker with Independent Milk Frother, Stainless Steel Coffee Machine about the same price and it is meant to use the steam wand! It is a complete Stainless steel machine!!